Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Water into port

The cost of buying drinks, especially good drinks, can sometimes be a bit prohibitive, but worry not because hypnosis is on hand to help!

Recently I was fortunate enough to do some hypnosis with a friend who informed me, quite unknowingly because she was in a trance at the time, that her favourite drink is port.

This kind of hypnotic interrogation is potentially a wonderfully sneaky way to get around the age old difficulty of deciding what to buy someone for their birthday or Christmas. Quite often people are able to give exactly the same answers to questions if they're awake, although trance does seem to lower inhibitions somewhat, but being able to ask questions when somebody is in trance does have other advantages. In particular being able to surprise somebody with something that they like or want always feels very rewarding for me. It's also useful in terms of being certain that what I am doing is agreeable to my subject, which I think is very important.

Anyway, now knowing my subject's beverage of choice I was able to provide a glass of said port. Or rather, a glass of water. Hallucination was able to do the rest, and it was very strange to watch somebody handling, sniffing and drinking from a small glass of water as though the liquid inside was a particularly fine vintage of port. The body language we associate with different drinks is so completely different, but of course we tend not to notice how much so.

As my friend later commented this would make for very cheap dates in restaurants; Champagne every night with Parkey! I did point out that it might be a bit strange to have Champagne served in a jug, but never mind.

Feeling very intoxicated after just a few sips is also quite possible, but with sobriety a finger's click away and forget ever having a hangover!

I love hypnosis!

No comments: