Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Directions and goals

Sometimes I wonder where I should be going with this interest of mine, especially when I consider the apparent progress being made by others who got into this around the same time I did.

For example Darren Altman, as a performer and a good one at that, seems almost destined to become a stage hypnotist, amongst his other talents (you heard the idle speculation here first!). Likewise Ben White is moving in the direction of performing professional hypnotherapy and has already had his first paying client. Both are brilliant to watch in action and seem to be taking their respective hypnosis talent and going somewhere with it.

From the beginning for me this was not going to be a serious endeavour in terms of being something I would want to do professionally. I love my day job far too much to ever consider giving it up, and besides I have other activities that take up a lot of my spare time. This was only ever going to be a hobby for me.

That doesn't mean that I haven't had the feeling recently that I've lost a lot of the momentum I once had, and that I really should be going out and getting a lot more inductions under my belt. I should also have some kind of goal to aim for or else at the very least this blog will become very boring.

I think ultimately the next step for me must be to get out and start hypnotising people in Oxford, for which I should probably look into local laws regarding street performers and sort out public liability insurance. To be honest I still feel that I would be much happier doing street hypnosis if I had an accomplice, even if it was just someone with a camera to film it.

Ho humm... one for me to muse about for a bit.

1 comment:

BlackCat said...

Hitting a plateau is quite normal in any activity. If you just stop (since don't like "letting go") should-ing on yourself and just notice what's there, I mean there is an underlying reason why you got into this to begin with, that is where you'll really be coming from.

I myself have just started learning, but when I ask myself the same question, the answers are many. From simply communicating better, letting my unconscious free to do its thing, to doing better at work, since of course the better you communicate the more you can accomplish, to satisfying my wife better in every sense imaginable, to helping my children grow to be better people.

There is no shortage of applications, just being open to all the possibilities is enough.