Pages

Thursday 16 April 2009

Bristol HypnoMeet

A short post this time.

I've just gotten back from a HypnoMeet, but this time in Bristol.

Not too much to report I'm afraid. Bristol was pretty quiet, so very little hypnosis occurred. It is, of course, during the university Easter holidays so a significant number of students aren't around.

There were four hypnotists turned up; the others were Enrich, Skeitel and BladeBlunter from UncommonForum. Mostly it was just us as a group exchanging hypnosis banter, although (En)Rich did managed to find a couple of girls who seemed interested and helped one of them with her fear of spiders.

We then moved on to a slightly better pub; a Wetherspoons I think. Rich asked me to demonstrate the Erickson handshake to him, which I was happy to do. He said he did manage to zone out for a minute, but unfortunately we'd chosen a table which, over my shoulder, afforded a view of parties of women coming and going.

Gah! Some people are far too easily distracted...

It was a short meet. I only got there after 7pm, and as always the time to leave in order to catch the train home came all too soon. Unlike London there aren't trains until after midnight. The 22:20 from Bristol is the last train, so there was no way I was going to miss it.

Rich had been kind enough to let me leave my folding bike in the back of his car, which he'd parked in a multi-storey car park. I had a surreal moment as I carried it down several flights of stairs to street level... going down that staircase, going deeper and deeper... although I doubt staircase deepeners usually involve the subject imagining carrying a bicycle at the time.

Anyway a fun evening! Looking forward to the next meet, which of course will be in London.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Or perhaps carrying an imaginary bicycle... ;-)