Pages

Monday 24 November 2008

Typealyser

Having advertised the existance of my blog on the hypnosis forum I have had a lot of good feedback, which is always nice to have.

A fellow contributor to the forum, Adrian Tannock, has also posted a link to his own blog Lasting Change. On this blog he has posted an article about Typealyser which is a website that claims to determine the Meyers-Briggs personality type for any particular blog. Not wanting to feel left out, I had BlackMeridian typealysed.

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.


What does it mean?

Meyers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is quite an interesting analysis of a person's personality and I'm genuinely impressed because as I see it the Typealyser got 3 out of 4 correct. I have done several MBTI tests in the past and I always come out as an INTP.

Yes I am a very introverted individual (I), I generally have a logical approach to things (T), and yes I tend toward the P on the P-J scale. My N on the N-S scale usually comes out quite borderline too, so I can believe the S to some extent. Being a mechanical engineer by trade (albeit without the dungarees) also makes the type definition quite apt.

I am impressed that a computer algorithm can determine this merely from about 5000 words of text I've written. Or did it just get lucky?

1 comment:

Macka said...

I don't think it was just "lucky", I gave my own (small) blog a whirl, it pretty much figured me out exactly.

blog address (case sensitive):
andrewcraigmackenzie.com/Blog

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers
The responsible and hardworking type. They are especially attuned to the details of life and are careful about getting the facts right. Conservative by nature they are often reluctant to take any risks whatsoever.

The Duty Fulfillers are happy to be let alone and to be able to work int heir own pace. They know what they have to do and how to do it.

The "brain activity" showed that I was almost all ST/NT tending slightly more toward ST, moderate amount of ST/SF, absolutely no SF/NF and a tiny amount of NT/NF