Pages

Wednesday 26 November 2008

Stood up

I've just returned from a very short evening in Oxford. Ever go to an arranged weekly get together with friends in a pub only to find that nobody else turns up for various reasons and you're the only one there? That was my evening.

The thought of going through with my ambition to start hypnotising complete strangers in pubs entered my head. I pushed it back down. I really wasn't in the mood I told myself.

Then I got a text from my girlfriend, in answer to my complaint that I was sat in a pub all on my lonesome, suggesting I should look for "random strangers to victimise". I informed her that the thought had occurred, but my confidence was currently cowering in a corner behind a sofa.

Then, having gotten bored and boarded the train home I got a text from a friend apologising for not showing up and suggesting, completely off the bat, that perhaps I should "hypnotise a random". "Good idea!" I replied. "hadn't thought of that!"

Perhaps there's something in that zapping strangers idea after all. I may give it a go next week if I find it easier with friends present to talk me into doing it.

In other news I have discovered that Anthony Jacquin has a blog of his own, and it's definitely worth a read. Especially this post, which has exactly the advice I need right now.

Maybe I should try to remember how to do that magic trick the drunken girl showed me last week.

No comments: