Pages

Monday 10 November 2008

Testing, testing...

First post! Here goes!

Hi Everyone, I’m Parkey. I’m a 26 year old male living in South Oxfordshire in the United Kingdom, and two months ago I decided to start learning how to be a hypnotist.

Imagine, if you will, you were travelling on a train and you came across one of Harry Potter’s school books (let’s assume that it had been left there by a ministry of magic employee, as seems to be the current government trend). Nobody who learns about what hypnosis is and what it can do can quite look at the world and the reality they experience in the same way again. We are brought up to believe that magic is a myth, and yet in many ways it isn’t. I have spent a lot of time recently at a metaphorical Hogwarts.

Anyway, as the last two months have been very exciting for me, and as I’m enjoying the ongoing process of learning the art of hypnosis so much I thought I should probably start keeping a record of it. Starting quite early on I have had a number of quite significant successes, and I have also had the occasional taste of what it’s like when things start to go wrong for the hypnotist.

I guess I have a couple of reasons for writing this blog. The first of these is that, as my girlfriend can tell you, when I get really enthused by a subject I find it really hard to not to keep blabbering on about it all the time. With any luck this blog will serve as a way of safely earthing my constant stream of thoughts, opinions and anecdotes so that with any luck I will be able to retain said girlfriend, and maybe even avoid having to forfeit having to go to see Mamma Mia at the cinema with her… again. I am hoping, dear reader, that you are reading this out of an interest in the subject and my occasionally bungled attempts at practicing it, and so do not mind if I go on a bit.

My second reason for writing this is that, as much as I love to talk, I also love to hear other people’s thoughts and opinions on what I have written, so if you have any thoughts on anything I write here please do leave a comment.

I've got two months' worth of events and thoughts to go through, so bear with me. Hopefully I can quick fire off several entries in the next few days and get myself up to date.

2 comments:

Lex said...

Huzzah! Another hypnosis blog. Really well written first post Parkey, loving your style and wanting to hear more already... good thing I've arrived late on the scene, lots to look through ;o)

All the best blogging!

SensitiveForSomeone said...

I've finished the blog :D:D:D or... maybe... :(:(:(:( cuz now i have to find another page to read when i do nothing...