Pages

Monday 8 December 2008

Stereograms and trance

I have mentioned before now the incredible frustration I feel in finding it impossible, or at least incredibly difficult, to access trance. Recently on during a discussion Uncommon Knowledge a guy by the name of Simon (alias cyman1964uk) drew a parallel that gives me rather more hope than I'd previously had.

This is a stereogram.

Relax your eyes, and as you see the pattern emerge you'll know what to do...

Until recently these have always been known to me as "those damn pictures that everybody except me can see!" That was until recently, at a training course with work of all places, when someone showed me how to do it; how to see the 3D image hidden in the noise. There was a sense of "Ahhhhh! Now I get it!", and I've been able to see every one I've come across since.

I'm hoping that for me the same will be true of trance. Until now I've had exactly the same feeling, as though everybody else seems to be able to experience a hypnotice trance and I just can't. Perhaps at some point there will be the same moment of revelation for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm not very good at it either :)